TL:DR: BetterHelp does provide services you’d find just as valuable as JEM Wellness & Counseling. However, JEM also provides equine therapy along with both virtual and local counseling services.
A Thorough BetterHelp Vs JEM Review
Both BetterHelp and JEM do provide consultations with a licensed therapist prior to your first session. This will set you on the path of healing best designed for you.
- Access to licensed counselors: Find someone to talk to at the experience level that suits your needs. They even have psychotherapists with a PhD or PsyD on staff.
- Get help from any location: You’re not limited to just where you live. You can access your BetterHelp portal from anywhere.
- Individual and group therapy: Seek someone to talk to just for you or have your family or spouse join your sessions.
- Text and audio messaging: Send a text or voice message and wait for your therapist to respond.
- Live sessions: Attend a live video session at least once a week with your counselor if you want.
- A variety of therapeutic approaches: Some therapists may have special training in EMDR or other non-traditional healing methods.
- Price reductions based on income: Once you sign up, you can apply for a scholarship to receive a discount once approved for a therapy plan cost reduction. It’s usually a percentage off the regular price based on how much you make per month or year.
JEM Wellness & Counseling
- Both virtual and local (in-person) counseling availability: Sign up online anytime from anywhere or schedule an appointment at our Central Houston locations or Equine Assisted Psychotherapy Ranch.
- Licensed therapists: Seek advice from graduate-level psychotherapists who are trained and skilled in supporting you through the toughest of life’s challenges. Find relief from anxiety, depression, burnout and any other emotional, relational or mental health struggle that has created a barrier to your best life.
- Individual, Couples, Family & Group therapy: Discuss your concerns one-on-one or invite family members, spouses or others close to you into your sessions.
- Private, HIPAA-compliant sessions: You either speak online in person with a counselor or connect via a phone or virtual line.
- Multiple communication methods: You can reach your counselor via email, text, or telephone. Get a response within 24 hours.
- Help with specific issues: Whether you are struggling with a specific issue or relationship, managing a chronic mental illness, or surviving the loss of a loved one, the therapists at JEM Wellness & Counseling are here to support you.
- Equine-Assisted Psychotherapy: This evidence-based approach is about healing, getting to know yourself better, and creating and maintaining healthy, connected relationships. Because horses are highly sensitive, clients can work through their life struggles by interacting with the horses without feeling judgment or interpretation by another person. Horses may be the perfect partner on your journey.
Additional JEM Wellness & Counseling Advantages
You receive a 10-minute no-charge phone consultation, asking any questions, sharing what you are seeking support with, and hearing how JEM can support you toward your goals.
Our therapists believe strongly in a collaborative approach as the best method for healing for our clients, so we collaborate internally while protecting our clients’ confidentiality. We also collaborate with referring treaters and other treaters, with our clients’ consent, to best create and follow a solid and effective treatment plan to fully support our clients’ needs.
How to Start
You may click on the “New Client Consultation” button, call, text or email us. We will respond to you within 24 hours to have a free 10-15 minute phone consultation. This will help us determine if we are the best fit to support you toward your goals. If we are, we will schedule your initial assessment and begin your wellness passage.
Leave A Comment